Parent Proclaimed Cutest Daughters You Ever Did See

Friday, November 30, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Yes folks, it seems as though I'm only writing on major holidays now but that's really not the case. I've made a commitment that in December I will write at least one a week. I say this now but in reality, will it happen? The world may never know... at least until December 31st and we can count it all up. I at least have to do one more before the end of the world so that all will know my final thoughts.

Thanksgiving was graciously hosted by our family this year and we made the most of it with 25 "adults" and 5  kids. What's with the whole "Adult Table" thing? I loved being at the kid table. We made up our own toasts for our 12 bottles of Sparkling Cider, talked about video games or boogers and pretty much partied like it's 1999. Kids these days don't know what they're missing. I'm teaching V & J the secret kid table toast so they will be able to teach their kids. It's a worthwhile investment in our children's future.

This year I surprised my parents with 3 gallons of oil and a turkey deep fryer. Yes friends DEEP FRIED TURKEY! This has scared and stunned people for years with mixed results. After much research and careful planning we succeeded in frying a 17 lb turkey to which the family insisted becomes a yearly tradition. All in all, deep frying a turkey rates on the "So Insanely Awesome to Make that Even Your Mother-In-Law is Impressed List" a 9.6. That's pretty dang good peoples. It was the best turkey that this writer has ever had.

We had too much food and not enough stomach space which, in all honesty, is what Thanksgiving is all about. Here's the recap in stunning 1080p HD:

We totally look like we know what we're doing!

I let my dad lower it in because he's lived a good life and I didn't want to die.

Success! Total Deaths: 1 really dead turkey.

Here's what 25 people in your house look like at one table.

The proverbial kid table engaging in a rousing game of Who Can Shove The Fork in Your Mouth the Farthest.

The pie is eaten and cuddle time with Mimi is all that's left to do. Good day!

1 comment:

  1. Fried turkey - yum. Looks like a wonderful day celebrating with family and friends. That's a crowd!

    ReplyDelete